Friday, January 13, 2012

It's high time I got started (on my own Art Blog!)

After all the blogging I have done over the years, somehow I have never gotten around to digging into my own artwork as a source of inspiration to blog about. Imagine that! So, after contemplating it for a while, I have finally decided to 'get off the pot' and start. I will just take this trip one step at a time. There is a lot of ground to cover and honestly, I hardly know where to start...


Well, that was a very short-lived moment of hesitation. 


I know exactly where to start.


It's kind of obvious.


There are a few things that have happened in my art career over the past couple of years that I am especially proud of.
First and foremost was the establishment - along with my partner, lover and soul-mate Sharon Gibson- of Gibson-Gaudet's Gallery and Gifts. Or, G-G's Gallery & Gifts for short.


We started the company three years ago. Have had two very successful seasons thus far.


I never in my wildest dreams imagined that it would be such a pleasure to own and operate a little art gallery/gift shop. Sharon is tickled pink at the idea of growing our very own enterprise.
It is just absolutely amazing to see so many wonderful, friendly and supportive people arrive at our little slice of paradise!

This is the first 'sign' of G-G's Gallery & Gifts that you will see when entering The Resort Village of Manitou Beach going north from Watrous on the #365.

Taking a closer look...

We always extend a warm welcome to our visitors from all around the world. Can't you tell by the brilliant yellow door?


No comments:

Post a Comment