Wednesday, December 21, 2016

KICKSTARTER Campaign a SUCCESS!

I want to SHARE with all the aspiring and even established artists reading this blog that I have had an EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE with KICKSTARTER. For those who may not be familiar, KICKSTARTER. Is a crowd-sourced funding agency for a vast array of projects, including publishing (that's me!) and a wide range of artistic projects. I launched my campaign in the last week of November and it is terminating tomorrow. The good news is...I have successfully reached my funding goal !

The Cover Art for Book 2 of my trilogy writing project...the object of my KICKSTARTER Campaign.

KICKSTARTER is a world leader in the crowd-source funding industry. If YOU have a great idea for a creative project that requires funding, I highly recommend you take a shot at a KICKSTARTER. Campaign.

However, here is a warning that you really should take to heart. There are many bottom-feeding predators who will offer you the deal of the century in helping you reach your funding goal. One of the worst offenders in that unsavory business is a nefarious company called MONSTER SOCIAL MARKETING ( BOO HISS! )that got through to me about half-way through my campaign. Despite their glowing promises they delivered absolutely nothing in terms of contributions but were happy to take my money.

The takeaway? You really should have a solid network of family, friends and business colleagues in place if you decide this is something you would like to tackle. Oh yeah, a fabulous, compelling, brilliant idea wouldn't hurt either.


Take a look at my KICKSTARTER Campaign in its final hours...here is the link.

Usually, the very best paintings are the ones that you do for your own pleasure, such as "Amethyst Mountain". 

One of the most dynamic "REWARDS" that I offered in my campaign was...for every contribution of CA$500 or more, I will create an original work of art, based on the contributor's favorite photo or idea! This concept EXPLODED, with 5 takers!

Another recent favorite..."The Magic Cup". Would it surprise you to hear that both of these were SOLD to an art collector?
Visit my website at www.mrgaudet.com to read more and to purchase Book 1 of the trilogy, called "Dancing with Rejection: A Beginner's Guide to Immortality". If you have already read Book 1, I would invite you to leave your impressions in the comments below. Good, bad or ugly, all comments are welcome. Just remember, play nice!

With the "Dancing..." banner at The Watrous Manitou. To purchase please visit www.mrgaudet.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment